ITA Alto Trombone Competition
First Prize - TBA
General Rules and Requirements
- The 2016 ITA Competitions General Rules and Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Live piano accompaniment is required. No pre-recorded accompaniments are acceptable.
- he required repertoire should be submitted as a single audio file.
- Each movement may be recorded separately and assembled into a single track, but there may be no editing within each movement.
- Past winners of the ITA Alto Trombone Competition are not eligible in the 2016 ITA Alto competition.
Preliminary Round Repertoire
- Three Medieval Dances, by Anonymous/Christian Lindberg (Edition Tarrodi)
Ornamentation may be added at the discretion of the performer.
Final Round Repertoire
- "Olmütz" Concerto for alto trombone, by Elizabeth Raum, Movements 1 and 2. (Editions BIM)
|2009||Márton Kuna||Music School of Kecskemét, Hungary|
|2010||Joshua Bledsoe||Arizona State University|
|2011||Brian Santero||Curtis Institute of Music|
|2012||Charlotte van Passen||Conservatorium van Amsterdam|
|2013||Kurt Neubauer||Janacek Academy of Music and Performance Arts Brno|
|2014||Jonathan Houghtling||DePaul University|
|2015||Tobias Lang||Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK)|