Carl Fontana Jazz Trombone Competition / Edwards Instruments
First Prize - Instrument donated by Edwards Instruments
General Rules and Requirements
- The 2015 ITA Competitions General Rules and Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- Required repertoire should be uploaded as two separate audio files. No edits may be made within a single track.
- Any audible count-offs will violate the spoken dialogue rule and are grounds for disqualification.
- Recordings must be made with a live rhythm section (minimum 2 members) in the key of your choice.
- Choruses must be improvised and not read.
- It is the performer's choice to play one or two choruses of the melody on each selection. The maximum number of choruses, including the melody, must not be exceeded.
- Recordings taken from a Jazz Band performance are not allowed.
- Past winners of the Carl Fontana Jazz Trombone Competition are not eligible in the 2015 Fontana competition.
Preliminary & Final Round Repertoire Requirements
- Six to eight (6 - 8) choruses of Blues (including the melody).
- Three to four (3 - 4) choruses of one of the following tunes: Beautiful Friendship, Emily, If I Only Had a Brain, Polka Dots and Moonbeams, or It Might as Well be Spring.
|2007||Joe McDonough||Temple University|
|2008||Robbie Harvey||Guildhall School of Music|
|2009||Eric Bowman||Western Michigan University|
|2010||Eric Miller||Manhattan School of Music|
|2011||Javier Nero||Juilliard School of Music|
|2012||Ido Meshulam||Berklee College of Music|
|2013||Kyle Johnson||Texas State University|
|2014||Nicholas Lombardelli||The University of the Arts|