Emory Remington Trombone Choir Competition
First Prize - Featured performance at the 2015 International Trombone Festival in Valencia, Spain, and a $150 gift certificate donated by Warwick Music
General Rules and Requirements
- The 2015 ITA Competitions General Rules and Requirements must be strictly followed to avoid disqualification.
- The competition repertoire should be uploaded as two separate audio files. (Jacob and Premru)
- Each movement of the Jacob may be recorded separately before combining into a single track, but there may be no editing within a movement.
- Each work must be performed with a minimum of 8 trombonists.
- No guest soloists are allowed.
- No age requirement or school affiliation required.
- The winning ensemble must utilize only the players who made the sound file recording in their ITF performance - no additional players or substitutions are allowed without the written approval of the Competitions Committee.
- Winning conductor has total control over the content of their ITF program (within time constraints.)
- 2011, 2012, 2013, or 2014 Remington Competition winners are not eligible for the 2015 Emory Remington Trombone Choir Competition.
- Gordon Jacob
Boosey & Hawkes
- Raymond Premru
Please note: This work is a trombone quartet, to be performed by a choir of 8 or more trombonists.
|1971||Ball State University Trombone Choir*||Bernard Pressler, conductor|
|1972||Catholic University Trombone Choir*||John Marcellus, conductor|
|1973||University of Oklahoma Trombone Choir*||Irvin Wagner, conductor|
|1974||Bob Jones University Trombone Choir*||Stan George, conductor|
|1975||Crane School of Music Trombone Ensemble*||John Upchurch, conductor|
|1976||Marcellus-Melick Trombone Ensemble*||John Marcellus & John Melick, conductors|
|1977||Bay Bones*||Billy Robinson, conductor|
|1978||Texas Tech University Trombone Ensemble*||Robert Deahl, conductor|
|1979||East Texas State University Trombone Choir*||Neill Humfeld, conductor|
|1980||Eastman School of Music Trombone Choir*||John Marcellus, conductor|
|1981||University of Oklahoma Trombone Choir*||Irvin Wagner, conductor|
|1982||Florida State University Trombone Choir*||William Cramer, conductor|
|1983||Ball State University Trombone Choir*||Wesley Hanson, conductor|
|1985||North Texas State University Trombone Choir*||Vern Kagarice & Royce Lumpkin, conductors|
|1986||Manhattan School of Music Trombone Ensemble*||Harold Janks, conductor|
|1987||Eastman School of Music Trombone Choir||John Marcellus & Raymond Premru, conductors|
|1988||University of Northern Colorado Trombone Choir||Buddy Baker, conductor|
|1990||Chicago Trombone Choir||Jay Friedman, conductor|
|1991||Eastman School of Music Trombone Choir||John Marcellus, conductor|
|1993||University of Illinois Trombone Choir||Elliot Chasanov, conductor|
|1994||University of North Texas Trombone Choir||Vern Kagarice, conductor|
|1995||University of Texas at Arlington Trombone Choir||Andy Russell, conductor|
|1996||Blech Forest Trombone Ensemble||Abbie Conant, conductor|
|1997||Texas Tech University Trombone Choir||Don Lucas, conductor|
|1998||Juilliard School of Music Trombone Ensemble||Joseph Alessi, conductor|
|1999||University of North Texas Trombone Choir||Vern Kagarice, conductor|
|2000||Trombonly||Heinz Fadle, conductor|
|2001||Eastman School of Music Trombone Choir||John Marcellus, conductor|
|2002||University of Texas Trombone Choir||Nathaniel Brickens, conductor|
|2003||Texas Trombone Octet||Jimmy Clark, conductor|
|2004||Texas Tech University Trombone Choir||Don Lucas, conductor|
|2005||Rotterdam Conservatory Trombone Choir||Pierre Volders, conductor|
|2006||Trombone Class Musikhochschule Hannover||Jonas Bylund, conductor|
|2007||University of Texas Trombone Choir||Nathaniel Brickens, conductor|
|2008||Oklahoma State University Trombone Octet||Paul Compton, conductor|
|2009||Codarts Trombone Ensemble, the Netherlands||Pierre Volders, JÃ¶rgen van Rijen, and Ben van Dijk, conductors|
|2010||UdK Trombone Choir, Berlin, Germany||Stefan Schulz, Andreas Klein and Rainer Vogt, conductors|
|2011||Eastman Trombone Choir||John Marcellus, conductor|
|2012||Hannover Trombone Class||Jonas Bylund, conductor|
|2013||Amsterdam Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Trombone Class||Pierre Volders, coach|
|2014||Rostock Trombone Class, Germany||Jamie Williams, coach|